Saturday, July 24, 2010

The First Step...



is admitting you have a problem.

So, I've come to this realization that I am a social alcoholic.
I can't stand being in awkward situations with people I don't know without
being intoxicated. Not even with people I do know.
I will drink anything that has the capability of getting me drunk
even if it tastes like dead people...(I am refering to you, Red Wine)
Even Champaigne tasted perfecto, tonight.
So, i went to this engagement party for my sister's friend, that I wasn't even invited to, which is a warning sign of akward alone-ness in itself.
I sat, in my new red dress, alone.
this is how it always goes, so I wasn't shocked or anything.
First, I mingled with me, katy, alex, and kristen's (plastic) glasses of champagne.
Then, I got to know two cups, (with the happy couples faces etched on it), of beer.
After successfully not vomitting, I poured a glass of red wine, that I quickly became enemies with.
Finally, I gave up on drinks all together, and made myself known at the desert table.
Now all the people from the party have "gone out."
and I sit here watching independent-romantic dramas for the remainder of the summer in hopes of one day living a REAL, EVENTFUL life of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment