Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

Today is Valentine's Day, as you all know. What is Valentine's Day anyway? This is just a day that lives for making single people feel ashamed. You get your candy from your mother, and a card that says to my daughter, saying some ridiculous words on how you should be happy today. You know I'm not going to be happy today. This is why My Bloody Valentine 3-D was made, for those single people to go to the movie theater and see some guy's "valentine's" body parts fly all over the audience. It helps us cope. On a different note, I've done a few things this week that I'm not proud of. I saw someone that I could see myself with, but I seem to see those people a lot, just once, and then It is gone and you can't remember whether it really happened or you just imagined it. I am one of those people who is ALWAYS single, for some reason or another. It's not that I'm not open to a relationship, it's just that everyone in this town is exactly the same, and it has become nauseating. Well, I will say "happy valentine's day" to those people that actually celebrate it, those people that actually love one another, I'll say it to 2 people i know who have on this date, been married for 25 years. So, Happy V-day Mom and Dad. And for the rest of us, don't consider yourself unwanted, don't be ashamed, just consider yourself as someone with higher standards than the rest, who tend to settle. Consider this to be a day of celebration of not settling, and being in a meaningless relationship that just complicates things, and changes you. Just be you. Just eat a lot of chocolate. Be a happy, fat, singular person on this day, and watch a fucking horror movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment