Sunday, March 28, 2010

you and all your you-ness



Someone has to remind me not to take vyvanse so late on a school night.
When I look at you, the levee keeping my imagination from running amok, cracks and shatters.
When I look at you, I see beauty that I never thought existed in the world.
I know all of your flaws and everything holding you back in the world, but when I look at you, none of that matters.
When I look at you, I realize how badly I want you to look at me, without me knowing you are looking.
When I look at you, I am scared to continue, but so afraid that if i stop, I'll forget one little detail I studied on your face.
When I look at you, time stops, the drunken naive kids around me are mute and blurred, and even though you are one of them, you are a crystal clear masterpiece.
When I look at you, I wish you would make your way over here, but you never seem to.
When I look at you, I feel my heart swell, my harmones race, my hands shake, my lips part, and my brain paralyze.
When I look at you, I remember all the things i'm not, and all the things I never could be in order to get your attention.
When I look at you, looking at her, I remember I am nothing, nothing but a flack.

No comments:

Post a Comment